NICE EnginFrame 2013 Redefines Management of 3D and 2D Remote Visualization Sessions in the Technical Cloud
May 15, 2013 1:48 PM
NICE, leading developer of HPC and Technical Cloud solutions, today announced the release of EnginFrame 2013.0, the new enhanced version of its popular high-performance computing (HPC) application portal.
Based on the solid foundations of the previous versions and on the outcomes of several Enterprise-class customers projects, EnginFrame 2013.0 now offers built-in management of 3D and 2D remote visualization sessions, improved data transfer capabilities and a great number of new features and enhancements addressing both end users’ and system administrators’ needs.
Designed for technical computing users in a broad range of markets (Oil&Gas, Automotive, Aerospace, Medical, Finance, Research, and more), EnginFrame simplifies engineers’ and scientists’ workflows through its intuitive, self-documenting interfaces, increasing productivity and streamlining data and resource management.
Leveraging all the major HPC job schedulers and remote visualization technologies, EnginFrame translates user clicks into the appropriate actions to submit HPC jobs, create remote visualization sessions, monitor workloads on distributed resources, manage data and many more.
Among the new version's highlights are:
- Creation, management and sharing of 2D/3D Remote Visualization Sessions: enables enterprises to deploy “engineering-friendly” virtual desktop infrastructures (VDI) throughout their organization.
- Multi-cluster and multi-scheduler support: connects the same EnginFrame server to multiple clusters, even running heterogeneous job schedulers.
- Integrated service scheduler: allows the unattended execution of EnginFrame services.
- Multi-protocol, parallel and reliable file transfers: allows the users to efficiently and reliably upload huge files from their client to the data center.
- Automated management of included files: parses the input data to discover and automatically upload included files.
- Improved “Remote File Browser” functionality: enables the user to efficiently browse their remote data.
- Enhanced administration portal: enable the administrators to monitor server load, license usages and other usage statistics.
Furthermore, two important new components have been added to the EnginFrame product:
- EnginFrame Views: a powerful but intuitive VDI broker, perfectly integrated with NICE Desktop Cloud Visualization (DCV) and other popular remote display protocols.
- NEUTRO: a flexible remote task executor for Windows visualization clusters.
In addition, EnginFrame 2013.0 includes several bug fixes and usability enhancements.
“With EnginFrame 2013.0 we have further strengthened our technology leadership in the HPC Portal market” , said Giuseppe Ugolotti, CEO of NICE. “NICE EnginFrame is a critical component for anyone who wants to create a technical Cloud that can run at the same time both HPC and interactive workload.”
Customers with current support and maintenance coverage are eligible for a free upgrade.
For further information please visit:
You can download this new product release and the release notes at the NICE download center:
NICE delivers comprehensive Technical Cloud Products and Solutions. NICE product portfolio boosts productivity of Private and Public Clouds by increasing usability and user-friendliness, without sacrificing flexibility and control, delivering CPU and graphics intensive applications to global user communities. NICE global customers include leading companies in Automotive, Aerospace, Industry Manufacturing, Oil&Gas, Life Science, Financial Services, Universities and Scientific Research.